Privacy Notice for all our Customers
Simple English (Summary)
We believe in making complex things simple. In that spirit, please a summary of our privacy notice and policy and what we do with the data we collect. To emphasise, everyone dealing with the website of The Hero Tribe and the Hero Rituals Program wholeheartedly respects the privacy of your and our own personal information.
In summary, we
- Wholeheartedly believe in the maximum protection of personal information and the fundamental concept of privacy.
- Will only collect the bare minimum of your data for us to survive as a business.
- Strive to be fully transparent with you, the customer and the regulators when it comes to cyber attacks and or intrusion attempts on our business.
- Take all possible and sensible measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
- Do rely on third parties for things like managing customer interaction and strive to ensure that they share the same beliefs and principles around privacy and protection of data.
- Do not directly sell or trade in your personal information. FULL Stop. We will, as part of a transaction, share your information with our partners.
What information do we collect
As a minimum, we ask that you share with us your:
- First name, last name and or middle name
- Email address
- Phone number
In addition, only in case of a purchase we also ask you for the following:
- Complete address
- Company name (not required)
- Country of residence
- Credit /debit card
- Bank or other financial information
We do NOT collect and DO NOT require the following from you:
- Sexual orientation or Gender
- Health or fitness
- Political views
- Family data
Why do we need your information:
Background: We are constantly striving to produce informative and educational content for you, our customer. Some of our offers for you include:
- The Hero Tribe Academy Programs
- The Hero Rituals Online Program
- Qi Gong training & teacher training programs
- The Spirit of the Hero training camps
- Adventure trips
However, to be able to survive as a business we need to get our great content and service catalogue in front of you. As a small business we cannot afford the exorbitant costs of constant advertising on Google Ads for example. Hence, we have to collect and retain data from you so we may keep you informed and updated about our next great workshop or online event.
We need some data from you so that we can:
A. Inform you and keep you updated on our:
- International training courses and workshops.
- Tribe Time events, the dates, the theme and location of the events.
- Our transformative mentoring programs
- Cutting edge products and services that we think you deserve to know.
B. Share with you
- Inform you about the free online gathering, Tribe Time
- Information on when you can download free material like the Hero Sheets & Hero Map.
- When a masterclass/webinar is ready to be watched or when it has expired.
What we DO NOT Do with your information
- We do not SELL or trade in your personal information with any person or persons or commercial organization.
- We do not share your information to any vendor outside of the necessary third party partners dealing with payment processing (like Paypal).
Our third parties and your information
So, right now, we have no major control over what third parties do with the information we provide them. However, we only use services that have a high reputation for data protection.
Which services we use?
We can list here the types of companies and the sectors those companies operate in:
- Kartra: Host for our Hero Tribe sites. Kartra also stores your data and sends out the emails you receive from us.
- Paypal: If you purchase one of our products you will either process your payment with Paypal or Stripe.
- Stripe: If you purchase one of our products you will either process your payment with Paypal or Stripe.
How do you protect my Data?
At best, it would be naive for us to declare that your data is 100% safe from cyber criminals.
100% percent security is a fallacy.
We take several precautions to ensure your data is not subject to unauthorised access. Some of the steps we take include, but are not limited to:
- Encrypting, where possible, your personal information when it is NOT being transmitted (at rest)
- Ensuring our staff are constantly made aware of their responsibilities towards protecting your personal information.
- We believe in transparency and are always prepared to own up when things go wrong. We will keep you and the regulators posted when things go wrong and also let you know what we did to recover from such incidents.
How Do You Process My Data?
We primarily rely on our CMS (Kartra) to host and process your personal information. This approach, (nothing is 100 percent secure) allows for a far more efficient method to control (issue, take-away) access for our employees and third parties.
So, yes, our CMS system is our primary data processor.
How Do You Obtain My Data?
We use multiple methods of obtaining your data including:
- Forms on http://www.hero-tribe.com and any subdomains on this website.
- Forms on any of our other Hero Tribe related websites and any subdomains on those websites.
- Kartra Pages - we use Kartra and obtain your information from Kartra when you sign in to a form or make a purchase.
How long do we keep your information
Based on our experience we have deemed it necessary to retain your data for 24 months after which we will reach out to confirm your intentions. You will always have the ability to opt-out at any time.
How do you dispose of my data?
We primarily rely on our CMS Kartra to host your data. To that extent, we rely on those parties to ensure that they
- Remove your data when we hit the “delete” or remove button.
- Allocate your data in the “Do not Email” bucket when you unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
When I invoke “Forget me” what do you do?
Hmmm - This is a vicious cycle (surely it is) For us to truly forget you, we have to remove all instances of your records in all our databases. You may want to check if we have done so. Herein lies the contradiction, if a business deletes all evidence of you (your personal information) and your request to “Forget me” - then there is no available record that they held your data in the first place. If they maintain a record of your request they could expose the very fact that you were associated with the particular business in some way.
However, if you do invoke the RBF (Right to be Forgotten) option we will remove you from our CMS. We do not store any personal information in our email systems.
Complete Transparency - when attackers succeed.
When discussing a data breach - It’s not a matter of IF but WHEN a business is attacked and compromised. To that extent, we believe in being fully transparent with you and the ICO and any other regulators.
We are constantly on the lookout for criminal activity on our networks and systems. When discovered we invoke our cyber incident response plan and take the necessary steps to either stop the ongoing attack and or take sensible response measures to mitigate the impact to you and our business.
Yes. As most business we strive to offer you the best experience when you are on our website. We use the following cookies, from the following partner websites
The fore-mentioned websites are owned and operated by:
Sascha Wagener / Camilla Moehle von Hoffmannswaldau GbR
The Hero Tribe
Our principal place of business is at Weisse Taube 15a, 44229, Dortmund, Germany.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.